QuickBooks Online users mostly face errors and difficulties while connecting with their banks and updating bank feeds. QuickBooks Error 324 arises when QuickBooks cannot find your account on your banking website, and there could be numerous reasons for that. In contrast, error 323 is displayed when two different accounts with the same name are linked in QuickBooks Online. In this article, you will find the reasons that cause QuickBooks Online to throw these errors while operations and troubleshooting steps for a quick fix. Follow the entire article for detailed information.
Dial Error Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 to Connect with Certified QuickBooks Online Specialist for Immediate Assistance
What Causes QuickBooks to Display Error Code 324 and Error Code 323
Down below is the list of all possible reasons that cause QuickBooks Online Banking error 324 and error 323
- Your bank has shifted your account information to a different server.
- You have changed the nickname of your account.
- Your account information, like your ac number or your cc number, has been changed by your bank.
- The account you are trying to access has been closed by your bank.
- You have chosen the same name for two different accounts in QuickBooks Online.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Error 324
Troubleshooting Step 1: Reconnect or Update the Account Manually
Reconnecting the account works as a refresh and often fixes issues that are a result of connection errors.
- Click the Reconnect My Account option from the error message window.
- Select the account that you are trying to link.
- If you don’t find any option for reconnecting your account in QuickBooks Online or no new notification on the banking website, then click the Update button for manually updating the account information.
- If this troubleshooting doesn’t work, then follow the next step.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Add your New Account to QuickBooks Online
You need to follow this step if your bank account information has been changed by your bank. QuickBooks needs to verify the new credentials that you use to sign in to your bank account online.
- In QuickBooks Online, click Banking from the left side panel.
- Click Add Account under the Banking section.
- Select your bank’s name from the list and enter your online banking login credentials.
- Click Continue and finish the security check.
- Click Securely Connect and then click the bank symbol for your bank account.
- Select Credit Card Account or Bank account from the Account type drop-down list.
- Click + Add New to add a new account and then click Connect.
- Wait until QuickBooks Online downloads the transactions from the last 3 months.
- Once the download completes, go back to QuickBooks Online to view your transactions in the application.
NOTE: The error 324 can also appear if you try to connect a bank or credit card account that you have closed. Make sure you are trying to connect something that is still active.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Error 323
This error occurs when there are two different accounts added in QuickBooks Online with the same name or the last four digits of any two account numbers are the same. One more reason is accidentally adding the same account twice in the application. To get this fixed, you need to change the name of any such accounts from your online banking. To delete or disconnect one of the accounts added twice in QuickBooks Online, follow the steps given below.
Steps to Disconnect the Account
- Click Banking from the left side panel and then select Banking.
- Click Edit on the account that needs to be disconnected.
- Checkmark the Disconnect this Account on Save checkbox under the Account window.
- Click Save and Close.
Steps to Delete the Account
- From the top side of the dashboard, click the Gear icon.
- Click Chart of Accounts from the Your Company page.
- Locate the account that needs to be deleted.
- Click Delete from the Action drop-down list.
- Give the confirmation for deleting the account.
Bank connection errors are pretty common while using QuickBooks Online Banking, and following a detailed troubleshooting method, users can quickly fix these issues. In case if you are still facing QuickBooks Error 324 or error 323 in QuickBooks Online, you can always reach us at our Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 for help.