Once again, the tax season is coming, as we are moving towards the end of the year 2018 and as like every year, most of the taxpayers have already started preparing their Federal and State tax forms for online filing before the deadline. QuickBooks Payroll provides the ultimate solution for employee’s payroll and tax management. Sometimes users encounter errors while operating Payroll in QuickBooks of which most of them are caused by incorrect data input and misconfigured settings. In this article, we are going to discuss QuickBooks Payroll update error PS032 and PS077. Follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS077 and PS032?
For online tax filing, QuickBooks Payroll requires latest tax table updates, and this error occurs whenever a user tries to download the update. The error message “QuickBooks having trouble installing payroll tax table updates” pops up on the screen with error code PS032 or PS077. There are many other variations of PS errors in payroll that occurs while performing different actions in the application. Down below we have listed the most common reasons that trigger PS077 and PS032 error in QuickBooks Payroll.
What Causes Error PS032/PS077 While Updating Payroll
- The Tax Table file that you are trying to install is corrupt or damaged.
- Your payroll subscription is inactive or expired.
- User information entered while subscribing for payroll services is incorrect.
- There is damage in the QuickBooks company file that you are using.
- QuickBooks has encountered errors during installation.
NOTE: Before proceeding with the steps to resolve the error, make sure to check out the points given below:
- Validate your QuickBooks Payroll subscription.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop application with the latest released updates.
- Verify that the billing information entered in the Payroll account is correct.
- Make sure to only have one QuickBooks application installed on your computer.
- Try repairing QuickBooks Desktop application. Follow our Article – Repair QuickBooks Desktop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your QuickBooks company file.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Error PS032 and PS077
Troubleshooting Step 1: Turn Off User Account Control on Windows
- Press Windows + Letter R key on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- In the search box of Run window enter Control Panel and click OK.
- From the search bar at the top of Control Panel, search for User Accounts.
- Click Change User Account Control Settings.
- Click Yes and move the slider down to Never Notify to turn off UAC.
- Restart your computer and try updating QuickBooks Payroll.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Run QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility Tool to Resolve Error PS032 & PS077
- Follow the troubleshooting step 2 Run Verify/Rebuild data tool from our article on QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error for detailed instructions.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
Reinstalling QuickBooks desktop application removes all installation errors from the application. You can follow the troubleshooting step 5 Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks from our article on QuickBooks Error 1328 for detailed instructions on using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
After following the given troubleshooting steps try updating your payroll tax table once again and in case if you are still facing the same error message PS032 and PS077 then we might need to take a closer look at the error on your computer. Our expert technicians use advanced troubleshooting methods and tools to connect with the system having problems and rectify such errors and issues in no time. You can call QuickBooks Payroll Helpline Number (844)-888-4666 for quick assistance.