While updating QuickBooks Payroll user might get an error PS038 that gives a message you have retrieved the latest payroll update and validated your Payroll subscription. We strongly recommend that you go online again before mm/dd/yyyy [PS038]. It is a common error that users face with 2017 and previous versions of QuickBooks. Later on, with the launch of 2018 update, this error has been fixed in the QuickBooks Desktop application.
To get Payroll Error PS038 resolved by professionals call QuickBooks Payroll Support Contact Number (844)-888-4666.
What is Quickbooks Payroll Update Error PS038?
User encounters QuickBooks Payroll Update PS038 error while trying to send paychecks online and the paychecks were stuck as “Online to send”. You cannot send employees payroll data when you get this error message. However, basic troubleshooting can fix this error, but as employees, payroll data is a critical piece of information for a business it is suggested to call QuickBooks Payroll Support Number (844)-888-4666 to get in touch with an expert who can carefully rectify the issue without any data loss.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error PS038?
- If you are using an older version of QuickBooks then first you need to update it to 2018 release 7 or later versions of QuickBooks.
- Make sure to back up your company file and payroll data before proceeding with troubleshooting.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application must be having the latest updates of payroll tax table installed.
Steps to Rectify QuickBooks PS038 Update Error:
QuickBooks PS038 error can be fixed by performing various troubleshooting steps mentioned below in this article. Follow the steps in the given sequence for a quick resolution.
After updating QuickBooks try sending Payroll:
- Click My Payroll Services under Employees tab and then click Send Usage Data.
- If you can send data successfully then update the payroll again.
- If you are still getting the same error message, then follow the steps given below or contact QuickBooks Payroll Helpline Number USA (844)-888-4666.
Check and find paycheck stuck as “Online to send”:
- Under the Edit tab, select Find and choose the Advanced.
- From under the Choose Filter tab, look for the Filter list and select Detail Level.
- Select Summary Only.
- From under the Choose Filter tab, look for the Filter list and select Online Status.
- From the drop-down list at the right-hand side, select Online to send.
- Click the Find button to check all the unsent paychecks.
Run Verify and Rebuild Data tool:
- Make sure to take a backup before running the Rebuild Data tool.
- Click the Rebuilding Now button as shown in the screenshot.
- After the rebuild process completes, you can see the status of stuck paychecks.
- If rebuild is not able to fix all the stuck paychecks and you can’t update Payroll errors PS038 then contact QuickBooks Payroll Support Service for help at (844)-888-4666.
Carefully follow each of the steps mentioned in the article to rectify this error, or you can contact us directly for help by calling our QuickBooks Payroll Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666.