In some cases, users found liabilities are missing from the pay scheduled liabilities section under the Employee Center and there are several reasons that cause this inaccuracy in the application. You can view payroll tax liabilities under the Payroll tab in the Employee Center window.
Following are the reasons that can cause this issue in the application:
- Instead of tracking the other current liability account, you are tracking some other accounts.
- An inactive liability account is in use.
- The incorrect date range is used during payment setup.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Deleted or voided paycheck that created the liability.
- Corrupt company file data.
Follow the steps below in the given order to rectify the issue:
- Check the liability account status:
- Click Lists under Chart of Accounts.
- Make sure Include Inactive checkbox is marked at the bottom of the list.
- Click any account that has an X mark on it and set it to active by selecting Make Account Active
- Now exit Chart of Accounts.
- Fix date range issue in custom liability payment:
- Under the Employees tab click Payroll Taxes and liabilities and then select Create Custom Liabilities Payments.
- Now enter the correct date range under the Select Date Range for Liabilities window and click OK.
- After the check has been created by selecting the correct date range click To Be Printed checkbox and select the bank account you like to write the check from.
- After verifying the correct date range on the check click Review your liability Check before creating or entering expenses and penalties.
- Click the Create button to create the check.
- Check payment schedule:
- Under the Employees tab click Payroll Taxes and Liabilities and then select Edit Payment Due Dates.
- Now follow the on screen instructions to setup the payroll.
- Check if QuickBooks upgrade created any issues:
- Under the Employees tab click Payroll Taxes and Liabilities and then select Create Customer Liabilities and Payments.
- Now select the correct liability period and hit the OK
- If you see, any missing liabilities then run QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild data tool to repair any damage.
- Check Paid through Dates:
- Click Payroll Center under Employees
- Now under the Transactions tab click Liability Checks.
- Now click the drop down menu beside the Date option and select This Calendar Year.
- Check and remove any Paid Through Dates those are in future.
In case if you found this troubleshooting method to be complex and confusing, then you can connect with one of our payroll experts. Our payroll experts are ready to assist you with such issues in the application round the clock, call our QuickBooks Assisted Payroll Technical Support Number (844) 888 4666 and receive instant solution now.