While trying to send payroll or entering direct deposit information for the employees, you might come across an error with error message code 1000. Some users have reported getting QuickBooks error message code 1000 even while trying to do the EOD in QuickBooks Desktop and POS. If you are getting the error 1000 with a unique status code 142020, then this indicated that you are having issues with the vendors that you have entered under the vendor center. The incorrect PIN entered by the user is one of the primary reasons to get QuickBooks error message 1000. Continue reading the entire article for complete troubleshooting info.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 1000?
QuickBooks requires authenticating the user before working with payroll, whenever you access the payroll QuickBooks will ask you to enter the payroll PIN that you have chosen while setting up the payroll. In case, if you have entered an incorrect payroll PIN, several error messages can appear on the screen. These error messages display while sending payroll, opening the Payroll Tax Center and while accessing the Payroll Account Maintenance page. Following are the error messages that you might get if you enter an incorrect payroll PIN:
- Problem: The PIN has been entered incorrectly too many times. For security we’ve temporarily locked access to the payroll service. Solution Wait 15 minutes and then re-enter your pin. [Message Code 1000]
- Problem The PIN you entered is not valid. Solution Re-enter your PIN. Your PIN must be between 8 and 12 characters and include at least one letter and one number. Make sure that Caps Lock and Num Lock is turned off and that you enter your PIN carefully. [Message Code 1001]
- You have entered an incorrect PIN three times. Please try again later.
Important Points to Consider
- If you are getting an error message that says you have entered an incorrect pin with error code 1000 then try to use a different payroll PIN that you think might be correct.
- Make sure that the Caps Lock is turned off and if you enter the numbers from the right side of the keyboard then make sure the Num Lock is turned on.
- Try typing your password in a text editor program so that you can look at the PIN that you are typing.
- If the error message says your access to the account is temporarily locked then wait for 15 minutes and try again to login using the correct PIN.
Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Error Message Code 1000
Method 1 to Reset Payroll PIN
- Click the link and download the QuickBooks PIN Replacement form.
- Fill all the information required by the form.
- Attach a copy of any of your government issued ID.
- Send the completed form to Intuit.
- Contact QuickBooks support to get a new payroll PIN.
Method 2 to Reset Payroll PIN
For detailed instructions on resetting payroll PIN, follow our article on How to Reset Lost or Forgotten QuickBooks Assisted Payroll PIN.
This is the standard method of resolving the error as suggested by Intuit but sometimes if the error is occurring because of some other reasons not mentioned in the article, then we need to take a closer look at the error on your end for a solution. We suggest you call QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666 for better assistance.