Payroll is an essential feature of QuickBooks accounting software and irrespective of the size and nature of a business, it ensures smooth and uninterrupted payroll processing. Unfortunately, payroll is also more vulnerable to errors than other QuickBooks features and, even a minor mistake can induce errors in different payroll operations. QuickBooks Error 15222 is an uncommon but challenging to troubleshoot error that arises while updating Maintenance Release, Critical Fixes, Essentials, and Payroll tax tables under the Update QuickBooks Desktop window. If you are also receiving error code 15222 in QuickBooks, then follow the steps listed in this article for instant solution.
QuickBooks Error 15222 Description
When it comes to updating QuickBooks and its components, 15XXX series of errors are common. QuickBooks Error 15222 occurs when QuickBooks can’t establish a connection with the internet to download the update files, and this could happen because of a number of different reasons. You might also get different error messages depending upon the error code you have received.
Updating QuickBooks online services like payroll requires an active version of QuickBooks Desktop so make sure you are not using a discontinued version of QuickBooks.
Why QuickBooks Encounters Error 15222
Among several different reasons that cause Maintenance Release Update Error 15222, missing digital signature certificates from the internet browser is the most primary reason. Other reasons that cause the error 15222 in QuickBooks Desktop are listed below:
- An outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop application, i.e. 2015 and previous versions.
- System security applications that include antivirus, firewall applications, anti-malware, and anti-spyware sometimes blocks QuickBooks from accessing the internet connection that result in error 15222.
- Instead of setting up Internet Explorer as your default internet browser, you are using some other browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- User is not logged in with an administrator account on Windows.
- Incorrect Date and Time of your Windows computer also triggers QuickBooks to show payroll update error 15222.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you are logging in with a user account that has the Windows administrative rights and your computer is displaying correct date and time in the taskbar. An active payroll subscription is also required before running the payroll update.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 15222
Troubleshooting Step 1: Install Digital Signature in Internet Explorer
- Open Windows File Manager and type C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks in the address bar.
- Press Enter and locate QBW32.exe file in the QuickBooks folder.
- Right-click the QBW32.exe file and select Properties.
- Under the Digital Signature tab look for the list of signatures.
- Click Details on the Intuit Inc digital Signature.
- Now hit the View Certificate option under the Digital Signature Details window.
- Now hit the Install Certificate option under the Certificate window.
- Click the Next button until you get the Finish option.
- Click Finish and restart your system.
- Try to Update QuickBooks once again.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Add QuickBooks Processes and Domains under Security Programs Exclusion List
- Follow troubleshooting step Add QuickBooks as an Exception in the firewall from our article on error 6094 for detailed instructions.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Set Default Internet Browser
- To Set Internet Explorer as Default Browser, open Internet Explorer and from under the Tools section select Internet Options.
- Click Make Default option under the Programs tab.
- Hit the OK button and rerun QuickBooks update again.
If none of the steps helps you get rid of QuickBooks error 15222, then verify the Internet settings and make sure you can access the internet. If you are unable to establish a proper connection with the internet, then contact an IT professional and get the internet issues resolved. In case your internet connection is working fine, and still, you are getting the payroll update error 15222 then dial QuickBooks Error Support Number (844)-888-4666 for better assistance and further support.