When it comes to keeping a clean and error-free record of your business accounting, reconciliation plays a vital role. Reconciling bank accounts and credit cards ensure that the balance in your current account is correct and there are no discrepancies in any of your transactions. Fortunately, QuickBooks provides an easy way to reconcile your accounts, so you don’t have to go through the stressful process of reconciling accounts manually. In some cases, QuickBooks crashes while reconciling accounts and with this article, we will try to explain the causes and solution to this error.
What Cause QuickBooks to Crash during the Reconciliation of Accounts
QuickBooks not only crashes while reconciling accounts but also while opening reports, using Check Register, and while checking out the discrepancies in the accounts. The error is directly associated with errors in Windows and its print components like PDF drivers and XPS writer. Sometimes inactive QuickBooks services also trigger errors while reconciling accounts that cause QuickBooks to crash.
QuickBooks – Unrecoverable Error
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please help the QuickBooks team eliminate this issue by providing us with the following information. I was trying to do: (steps you took)
IMPORTANT: Make sure to Install the Latest Released Updates of QuickBooks and try to reconcile accounts once again. If you face the same error, then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Step 1: Modify Adobe Reader Preferences
- Open Adobe Reader and from under the Edit tab select Preferences.
- Click the Internet option from the left side panel and unmark the Display PDF in Browser checkbox.
- Click OK and exit Adobe Reader.
- Try to run the reports once again in QuickBooks.
Step 2: Install Latest XPS Drivers
- Follow the link to open the XPS Driver Download page.
- Select the preferred language and click the Download button.
- Install the downloaded drivers and restart your computer.
Step 3: Set Default Printer in Windows
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel in the Run Window.
- Hit OK and select Printers and Faxes.
- Under the Printer and Faxes window right-click a working printer and select Set as Default Printer.
- Open QuickBooks and verify the changes under the Printer Setup screen.
Step 4: Run QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool
For detailed instructions on how to repair the damage in Windows print components using QuickBooks Print and PDF repair tool follow our article Troubleshoot QuickBooks Printing Errors with PDF & Print Repair Tool.
There are instances that you might again get unrecoverable in QuickBooks when you open the company file or reconcile your bank accounts. We suggest users contact a Microsoft professional to troubleshoot Windows misconfigurations that are causing the error or call QuickBooks Support for help and support.