One common error that most of the QuickBooks users are aware of is the sending usage data error in QuickBooks Payroll. To complete the payroll tax filings, QB payroll users need to send the data to the payroll service, and this is where they face an error message “QuickBooks has encountered a problem sending your usage data.” And once a user encounters this error, it interrupts the QuickBooks payroll connection with the online service. We understand that how important it could be to file your taxes on time and thus we have prepared a step by step troubleshooting method to get you the rid of QuickBooks sending usage data error in the shortest time possible.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Sending Usage Data Error
The most primary reason that triggers sending usage data error in QuickBooks is incorrect date and time on the computer that you are using to send the payroll data. Some other less common reasons are listed below
- You are an accountant and there is already a copy of accountants file in QuickBooks.
- Invalid security certificates in use by the browser.
- Network time out and server errors preventing QuickBooks to get connected with the internet and online payroll service.
- You are using QuickBooks in Multi-user mode.
Important Points to Consider before resolving Sending Usage Data Error
Before following the troubleshooting steps, it is important to consider a few important suggestions that might help you resolve the error even before applying the troubleshooting steps. Make sure you verify every point mentioned below before following the troubleshooting steps.
- If you are using Internet Explorer to access QuickBooks Online Payroll, then try deleting Temporary Internet Files and Website Files before sending payroll data.
- If you are also experiencing internet connectivity issues the try resetting the router by pressing the reset button at the back of your router for 10 seconds.
- Update your internet connection settings in the Internet Explorer. For detailed instructions follow step 3 from our article on QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029.
- Make sure to update the QuickBooks payroll and tax tables to the latest released version if you are using the QuickBooks Online desktop app.
- After the update make sure to restart your computer and if the issue is not resolved then follow the troubleshooting step mentioned below.
Solution to QuickBooks Error Sending Usage Data
Verify and Set Date and Time on your Computer
Steps to perform on Windows Vista and XP
- You can see the date and time at the bottom right side of your computer desktop and in case if you find any mistake in the date and time, then double click it and correct the information.
- If there is no option displayed to change the date and time then click the Start button and then choose Settings.
- Under the Settings select Control Panel and then click Date and Time.
- Now under the Date and Time window, you need to select the Date and Time option.
- Now set the correct date and time and select the Time Zone tab.
- Set the correct time zone and move to the Daylight Saving option.
- Now checkmark the Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes checkbox and click OK.
- Now go back to the desktop and check if correct time and date is displayed.
Steps to Perform on Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel in the Run window.
- Press Enter and select Date and Time.
- If you are using Windows 8, then select Clock, Language and Region and click Set the Date and Time.
- Now select Change date and time settings and click the Date and Time
- Click the Change date and time option.
- Now set the correct date and time and then select the Change Time Zone tab.
- Select the Time Zone drop down menu and select the correct Time Zone.
- Make sure to checkmark Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time checkbox.
- Hit OK twice.
As you can see that troubleshooting the sending usage data error in QuickBooks payroll is not a complicated task and you are only required to set the correct date and time for a resolution. Still, if you are facing the same error and need the help of an expert, then you can reach us at our QuickBooks Payroll Helpline Number (844)-888-4666.