You may occasionally get XML errors while using QuickBooks Point of Sale which is a known error to Intuit and can easily be rectified with basic troubleshooting. You might get one of the error messages once encountered the error “Error: Process could not access file C:\ Program Data\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\v(x)\SessionData.xml because it is being used by another process” or “There is an error in XML document (0, 0)”. XML (Extensible Markup Language) files are used by QuickBooks Desktop application to store data and when QB POS finds any issue with the file or the folder that contains the file is corrupt then QuickBooks POS encounters the XML errors. Further, in this article, you will find detailed troubleshooting instructions to resolve the error along with the causes of the error, so follow the entire article for complete information.
QuickBooks Point of Sale Team is Just a Phone Call Away, Call (844)-888-4666 for Immediate POS Assistance
What Cause XML Errors in QuickBooks Point of Sale
Following are some of the reasons that might cause QuickBooks Point of Sae XML Errors
- The file that is required to save the HTTP session data, SessionData.xml is damaged or corrupt.
- Damaged Desktop Entitlement Client folder of QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Corrupt or incomplete installation of QuickBooks Point of Sale also sometimes triggers XML errors.
Follow the Given Steps Before Troubleshooting XML Errors in QuickBooks POS
Unhide Hidden Files and Folders
- On your desktop screen press Windows + R keys together to open Windows File Manager.
- Click Organize and then select Folder and Search Options.
- Click Show hidden files and folders under the View tab.
- Now unmark Hide protected system operating files checkbox.
- Click Yes for the confirmation and then select Apply and OK.
Update QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Open QuickBooks Point of Sale and from under the Help tab select About QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Now check if the installed version is QuickBooks Point of Sale 18.0, if not then follow the steps below and update the application.
- Click the Help menu again and choose Software Updates and then click Check for Updates.
- Now click the Update Now option and hit OK.
- Once the app is updated, and you see the Update Complete window then exit the QuickBooks application and restart Windows.
Repair QB Point of Sale Application
- Press Windows + R and once the Run window appears, type appwiz.cpl in the text box.
- Press Enter or click OK.
- Locate and click QuickBooks Point of Sale from the list and the Select Uninstall/Change.
- Click Next and then select Repair.
- Wait until the application is repaired and then restart your computer.
Troubleshooting Steps to Resolve QuickBooks POS XML Errors
Change the Name of Entitlement Client Folder
- Open Windows file manager and navigate to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v(xx).
- Now change the name of the Version 12.0 folder to V8, Version 2013 to V8 and Version 10.0 to V6.
- Try to unhide the hidden system files as instructed above if no folders are displayed.
Change the Name of Session Data File
- Press Windows + R and type services.msc in the Run window’s text box.
- Hit OK and locate Intuit Entitlement Service.
- Right click the service and select Stop.
- Now navigate toC:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v folder and search SessionData.xml file.
- Right click the file and select Rename and add OLD in the file name as SessionDataOLD.xml.
- Open QuickBooks POS once again and check if you are still getting the same XML errors.
Delete Files from the Entitlement Folder
- Open Windows File Manager and navigate to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\Entitlement Client\v folder.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the files in the folder and press Delete.
- Click Yes for confirmation and open QuickBooks again.
You can also call our QuickBooks Point of Sale Support toll free number (844)-888-4666 in case if you are not feeling comfortable following the troubleshooting steps mentioned above. Our POS support team is available 24/7 to help QuickBooks users with such XML errors and provides an instant solution in the shortest time possible. So don’t wait and call our support number now for immediate help and support.