One of the QuickBooks multi-user mode errors that users face while opening and running QuickBooks Desktop application is QuickBooks Error 193:0xc1 that affect not only QuickBooks but also disrupts other applications like Windows installer, MySQL, and Windows update. Other than opening QuickBooks, this error also arises while running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. This article is intended to show you a quick way to troubleshoot the error with a few easy steps. Follow the complete article for detailed instructions on how to fix Error 193: 0xc1 while trying to open QuickBooks.
Users Looking for Direct Support from QuickBooks Certified Experts can call QuickBooks Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666
What is QuickBooks Error 193:0xc1?
Error 193:0xc1 arises in QuickBooks when for some reasons Windows cannot start QuickBooksDBXX service which is required to run QuickBooks on Windows, where XX in the service name describes the version of your QuickBooks application you are using like 28, 26, 27, and 29 stands for 2018, 2016, 2017, and 2019 versions of QuickBooks.
Once a user encounters QuickBooks Error 193: 0xc1 while starting QuickBooks error message “Services: Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer.” appears on the user’s screen. Down below we have listed all the reasons that cause QuickBooks to get error 193:0xc1.
What Cause QuickBooks Error 193:0xc1?
There are numerous reasons that can cause interruptions in Windows services and to fix any error it is important to know the root cause. Check out the list mentioned below and find out what reason is causing error 193:0xc1 in your case:
- If Windows find more than one file related to the same service, then QuickBooks encounters error 193:0xc1.
- Windows cannot locate the path of the required file of QuickBooks Database service.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager service is damaged or corrupt.
- QuickBooks Desktop application is not completely installed on Windows.
- Outdated Windows operating system.
Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Error 193:0xc1
Solution 1: Update Windows Security Features
- Click the Start button on your computer’s Desktop and select Control Panel.
- Click Windows Update and hit Check for Updates.
- If there are updates available to install then click Install Now.
- Restart your computer and try running QuickBooks once again.
Solution 2: Restart QuickBooks Database Service
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard and type services.msc.
- Hit Enter and locate QuickBooksDBXX service from the list of services.
- Right-click the service and select Restart.
- If you are still unable to run QuickBooks, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 3: Scan your Computer to Remove Infections
- Download an antivirus if Windows defender is not working.
- Install and run the antivirus to scan your system for any infections.
- Remove the infections and follow the next troubleshooting step to reinstall QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- For detailed instructions on how to install QuickBooks, follow step 3 from our article on QuickBooks Event ID Error 4.
If you are still getting 193:0xc1 QuickBooks Service fails to start error then you can contact your IT person to troubleshoot the error on Windows or get in touch with us at (844)-888-4666, and one of our QuickBooks experts will connect with your computer to provide you an instant solution to the error.