Regardless of whether you are installing QuickBooks Desktop for the first time or performing a regular upgrade of your QuickBooks version, QuickBooks installer may encounter EXEAdapter error or error 61686 that terminates the installation process. QuickBooks installation requires Microsoft .Net Framework as it is a Windows component that enables QuickBooks to exchange data with online web applications and this error occurs when the Microsoft .NET Framework.xml file is damaged. There could be several reasons that can cause damage to the Framework.xml file, with this article, you will learn how to repair the damage in .NET Framework.xml file and resolve EXEAdapter error when installing QuickBooks.
What is Error 61686 or EXEAdapter Error in QuickBooks?
Whenever a user install or upgrade QuickBooks, the QB installer first installs all the required components, and one of the most important components that QuickBooks needs to operate is Microsoft .NET Framework. If the Framework.xml file required for .NET installation is damaged or corrupt, then it interrupts the installation of .NET Framework on your computer that results in error 61686 or EXEAdapter Error in QuickBooks.
Once you encounter EXE Adapter error that can also appear as error 61686 error on Windows you get an error message “we sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. EXEAdapter error: InstallExe method received the system error from create process, command-“c:\user\asaeed\appdata\local\temp\premier_us27r1\ thirdparty\dotnet46\ndp46-kb3045557-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe”\q\norestart\chainingpackage QuickBooks system message – The component store has been corrupted”. The error message notification also provides an option for troubleshooting the error that will take you to the article with basic troubleshooting steps.
What Cause Damage in Framework.xml File that triggers EXEAdapter Error
Corrupt Framework.xml file is not the only reason for 61686 error or EXEAdapter error in QuickBooks, the error also arises when the installer could not find the file on Windows. Following are the reasons that cause issues with Framework.xml file.
- Incomplete installation of Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows.
- Outdated version Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Windows is infected with a virus or a malware.
- The user has accidentally deleted the Framework.xml file.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks EXEAdapter Error
Troubleshooting Step 1: Reinstall or Repair Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows
For detailed instructions on how to repair or reinstall .NET Framework, follow troubleshooting Step 1 Reinstall .Net Framework on Windows from our article on QuickBooks Event id error 4.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Make changes to Framework.xml file
Follow the steps below if you have a downloaded QuickBooks setup file
- Click the Start button on your keyboard and type %temp% in Search Programs and Files text box.
- Click the Temp folder from the top of the list.
- Double-click the folder that is named as your QuickBooks version.
- Now open the folder with the name of QBooks.
- Find and right-click Framework.xml file and select Rename.
- Add .OLD at the name of the file.
- Download new Framework.xml file and move it to the QBooks folder.
- Try installing QuickBooks once again.
- In case you are unable to start the installation using Setup.exe file, then open QBooks folder and double-click QuickBooks.msi file first.
Follow the steps below if you have a CD for QuickBooks
- Create a copy of the installer file on your desktop.
- Now insert the QuickBooks CD into your computer and open the disk.
- Locate the folder that has the same name as your QuickBooks version.
- Follow Step 4 to 9 from the troubleshooting method mentioned above.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Download and Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Running QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool rectifies issues with Windows components like MSXML, C++, and Microsoft .NET Framework. QB Install Diagnostic Tool will not only resolve EXEAdapter error from QuickBooks but will also get rid of other errors that arise during installation.
- Get QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the link.
- Download the file on your desktop.
- Exit all the applications that are running on Windows.
- Double-click the QB Install Diagnostic file from the desktop and follow the on-screen instructions for starting the repair process.
- Once the repair process completes, restart your computer once.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Download and Install Windows Updates
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard to bring the Run window.
- Type Control Panel in the text-box of the Run window and press Enter.
- Locate and click Windows Update from Control panel or type Windows update in the search box at the top.
- Open Windows Update and click Check for Updates.
- If Windows find any updates, then download the updates and click Install Now.
- After Windows finish installing updates, restart the computer and try installing QuickBooks Desktop application once again.
If you are still facing installation issues because of the EXEAdapter error, then it might be because of some obscure reasons that are interrupting the installation process in the background of the computer. We might need to investigate the issues by examining the error on the user’s computer for providing a complete solution. Give us a call at (844)-888-4666 if you want to get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Desktop Support experts who will provide you an instant solution of the error on an immediate basis.
Related Search Terms:Get exe adaptor error, I got an EXEAdapter Error, QuickBooks Pro won't download Error EXEAdapter, QuickBooks 2019 exeadapter error, EXEAdapter error QuickBooks 2018, Exeadapter error installexe method received the system error from create process command, I have problems with EXEAdapter Error, Errors detected exeadapter error, EXEAdapter error QuickBooks 2017, Installation error in QuickBooks Enterprise EXEAdapter, QuickBooks Error 61686, Error 61686, Error code 61686