QuickBooks users sometimes come across a strange type of error where QuickBooks search function suddenly stops working, and users are only left with an option to search for a solution online of QuickBooks search not working error. After analyzing the error and its causes, here in this article, we have mentioned all the critical steps that you need to take in order to get rid of QuickBooks search not working error. Along with the troubleshooting instructions, you will also find the root causes of the error so that you can avoid getting QuickBooks search not functioning error in future. For more detailed info and complete solution, follow the entire article until the end.
What Exactly is QuickBooks Search Not Working Error?
QuickBooks Desktop and Online app have several features that one can utilize to reduce the efforts put into managing daily bookkeeping task and one of such feature is QuickBooks search feature that you can use to search for any transaction, client, company file, and any type of desired data. After you search, QuickBooks will instantly return with the results that you are looking for. Sometimes after updating the QuickBooks Desktop application, you might face an error where QuickBooks Search will not show any results, and you get QuickBooks search not working error.
What Cause QuickBooks Search Not Working Error?
Most of the times QuickBooks search not working error arises after updating QuickBooks Desktop application to its latest release and this happen when the updates are not properly installed after the download. Some other reasons that can trigger this error in QuickBooks search feature are listed below.
- Registry error in Windows operating system.
- Windows firewall or a third-party firewall is interrupting QuickBooks.
- Outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Damaged QuickBooks SearchIndex file.
NOTE: Before applying, the troubleshooting steps make sure to perform an update of your QuickBooks Desktop app if you are using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
Solution to Fix QuickBooks Search Not Working Error
Solution 1: Rename QuickBooks Search Index File
- Open QuickBooks and exit the company file.
- Press the Windows Start button and type *.SearchIndex in the Search Programs and Files search box.
- Press Enter and Windows will take you to C:\ Users\ UserName\Public \Documents\Intuit\ QuickBooks\Company File\ Companyfilename.QBW folder.
- Now locate qbw.SearchIndex Folder and type .OLD at the end of the folder name.
- Now open your QuickBooks Company File again.
- From the top left corner of the Window, click Search/Magnified Glass tab.
- Now from the left side panel click Update Search Information option.
- Once you see update in progress please wait notification click OK.
- After the update completes try using the search feature and if the problem persists and you are still not able to use the search feature of QuickBooks then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 2: Turn-off Firewall Protection
- If you are using inbuilt firewall then from under the control, panel turn-off the firewall on a temporary basis and try using the search feature.
- In case if you have installed a third-party firewall, then you can find instructions to turn off the particular firewall on its website.
Solution 3: Repair Windows Registry
- This troubleshooting step requires a deep understanding of Windows operating system so if you are not much familiar with how to edit registries then contact your IT admin or get in touch with us at QuickBooks Support Number (844)-888-4666.
If you are still getting the same error and the Search button is not working in QuickBooks Desktop application, then we might need to take a closer look at the error on user’s end. Sometimes some lesser-known or unknown reasons trigger the error in QuickBooks search function. You can always reach us at (844)-888-4666 to get in touch with one of our QuickBooks support expert who will help you resolve the error instantly.