QuickBooks Desktop has numerous functionalities that helps users to understand their overall financial status, one such feature is exporting the financial statement designer to Microsoft Excel worksheet. QuickBooks sometimes encounters error 1311 while exporting the financial statement to the excel file, and the same error also arises while installing QuickBooks Desktop application using a CD. In this article, we have listed a few simple steps that you call follow to get rid of QuickBooks installation error 1311. Make sure to follow the entire article to learn more about the error causing reasons and complete troubleshooting info.
Reasons that Triggers QuickBooks Error 1311
A few misconfiguration and faults that cause QuickBooks to show error message “QuickBooks Error 1311: “Source file not found (filename). Verify that the file exists and that you can access it” are listed below:
- QuickBooks installation file is damaged or corrupt.
- There is damage in the Microsoft Office program installed on Windows.
- QuickBooks Desktop application is not compatible with the Office version installed on Windows.
- The installation CD or the CD-ROM drive is damaged.
Possible Solutions to QuickBooks Error 1311
Troubleshooting Step 1: Install QuickBooks from the Local Storage of your Computer
- Open the CD-ROM drive and insert the QuickBooks installation CD into it.
- If the autorun automatically opens the QuickBooks installation window then click Quit at the lower right corner.
- Right click on the Windows Desktop and move your cursor to New option and select Folder.
- Name this folder QuickBooks Installation and open Windows File Manager.
- Open the CD-ROM drive and select all the files by pressing Ctrl + A.
- Press Ctrl + C to copy all the selected files and navigate back to the new folder created on the desktop.
- Right click inside the folder and select Paste.
- After all the files are copied to the folder try installing QuickBooks once again from this new location of the installation files.
NOTE: In case you get any error while copying the files then it indicates that the installation CD is damaged and you will need to get a new CD for installing QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Allow CD-ROM Access to Local Users
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel in the Run window and hit Enter.
- Select Administrative Tools and click the list to get the Local Security Policy option.
- Now select the Local Policy Folder by expanding the list.
- Choose the Security Options and select the Microsoft Windows version you are using.
- Select Restrict CD-ROM access to local users only option and exit.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you are having Microsoft Office 2000 or later installed on Windows as any previous version is not supported by QuickBooks Financial Reports.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Check the Compatibility of Microsoft Office with QuickBooks
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel.
- Press OK and select Add or Remove Programs.
- Double click Microsoft Office and select Repair to fix any installation errors.
- If you have an outdated version of Office installed then visit Microsoft Official Download Page to get the latest version.
Following the troubleshooting steps mentioned above will definitely get you rid of QuickBooks Error 1311 but in case if you are facing any issues following the steps or for some reasons the solution is not working for you then you can always reach us at our QuickBooks Support Number (844)-888-4666. Our team of QuickBooks Desktop experts will get you instant resolution for QuickBooks error 1311.