When it comes to accounting, QuickBooks is known as the best accounting software that has been adopted by numerous small to mid-sized businesses. Unlike other windows, software QuickBooks also encounters errors while operations which can be resolved quickly with proper troubleshooting instructions. One of such error is the Event id 4 error that arises when the user launch (QBi) QuickBooks Integration Manager. The error message “Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open” is displayed to the user. Another error message that the a user notice is “QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle” under Windows Event Viewer.
What causes Integration Manager Error in QuickBooks?
Several windows components work together to smoothly run any application on your computer without generating any errors, but when any of these supporting components do not function properly, QuickBooks Desktop encounters errors. You might get Event id 4 error if you have installed .Net Framework 4.0 on your computer running on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Further, in this article, we have listed a detailed and step-by-step method to resolve QuickBooks Integration Manager Error.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Event id 4 Error in QuickBooks:
Troubleshooting Step 1: Reinstall .Net Framework on Windows
- Press Windows key+ letter R at the same time on your keyboard to open Run Window.
- Type command Appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Under the Programs and Features list, locate and click Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Select Uninstall and after the uninstallation process completes, restart your computer.
- Now navigate back to the Programs and Features window and from the left side panel click Add / Remove Windows Features.
- From the list of programs, click Microsoft .Net Framework to expand.
- Checkmark the first & second check box and select OK.
- Once the installation of Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 is finished restart Windows and open QuickBooks Integration Manager once again.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from Here.
- Open the downloads of your computer and double-click the QB Install Diagnostic file.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the installation.
- Exit all the running application on Windows.
- Now run QB Install tool and restart your computer.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
Before performing this step, make sure to take a backup of your company file or contact QuickBooks Customer Care Number (844)-888-4666 for help as running this tool will delete all of your QuickBooks data from the computer.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install tool from Here.
- From the downloads click QuickBooksCleanInstallUtility.exe.
- Click I Accept and select the QuickBooks version you are using.
- Click Continue and then select OK.
Following the troubleshooting steps in the given order will certainly resolve QuickBooks Event id 4 Error and we suggest you call QuickBooks Pro Helpline Number (844)-888-4666 if you still face the same error with QuickBooks Integration Manager. Our certified experts are well trained in resolving such errors in the application and will guide you through each step of the troubleshooting method for a quick resolution.