Some specific security applications installed on your computer might cause error -6094, 0 (6010,2) in QuickBooks. Every time a user tries to start QuickBooks application it displays an error message “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094,0)” . Third party antivirus software like SpyHunter, AVG Antivirus and PC Tools Internet Security are usually found to trigger this error in QuickBooks Desktop application, and this happens when any of such software modifies or blocks QuickBooks files and processes after accidentally detecting them as a potential threat to the computer’s security.
- Update your antivirus application to the latest released version.
- Access your antivirus vault, quarantine folder, and restore qbdmgr.exe and qbdmgrn.exe files.
- Add QuickBooks files and folder to the exclude list of your antivirus programs.
Troubleshooting for AVG Antivirus
To exclude QuickBooks from the software scan list follow the steps given below:
- Exit QuickBooks and open AVG antivirus program.
- Double click Resident Shield and then select Manage Exceptions.
- Click Add Path and enter C:\Program Files\Intuit.
- Click OK and then Save Changes.
To restore QuickBooks files from quarantine:
- From the program’s dashboard, click History.
- Select Virus Vault and look for any file starting with qb for ex. qbw32.exe, qb.exe.
- Click any of such files and select Restore and Close.
Check files names modified by antivirus in QuickBooks folder:
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks folder and check if the names of any files are changed. e.g., QBW32_AVG_RESTORED.
- Change filename back to its original name. e.g., qbw32.exe.
- Now open your QuickBooks Desktop application.
Troubleshooting for SpyHunter
To remove QB files from software’s blocked files list:
- Open SpyHunter software and click System Guard.
- Click the User-Added tab and look for QuickBooks files in the list.
- If you find any QB file in the list, then set its status to Allowed.
- If you don’t find any QB files under the User-Added tab, then go back and check PUP
- Set status as Allowed if any QB files are found blocked under PUP
Troubleshooting for PC Tools Internet Security
To restore QuickBooks files from software’s quarantine list:
- Open PC Tools Internet Security.
- Click Settings and choose Quarantine.
- Find and click QuickBooks files and select Restore.
- Click Yes and then OK.
To exclude QuickBooks from being scanned:
- Click Settings from the dashboard of the program.
- Open Global Action List and click Add.
- Add files and QB folder to exclude them from being scanned.
- Click OK to save settings.
In case if you are still facing the same issue after making the required changes to your antivirus settings, then you might need to repair QuickBooks from the control panel and, for this step, we will suggest you call QuickBooks Desktop Helpline Number (844) 888 4666. Our team of certified experts have years of experience dealing with such issues in QuickBooks and can rectify these errors and application glitches for you in no time.