QuickBooks Desktop installation might encounter various errors if your Windows computer does not meet the minimum system requirements. One such error is insufficient storage error in QuickBooks that occurs if your computer does not have enough space available on the installation drive (generally C:\ drive). Another error that a user might experience is insufficient memory error that arises when your computer has less than 1 GB of free memory available. QuickBooks throw these installation errors when the user extracts the QB Desktop installer file. If you are also facing such types of errors because of insufficient system resources, then you can follow the steps mentioned in our article for a quick resolution.
Steps to fix – there is not Enough Space on C Drive Error
If there is not sufficient space available for QuickBooks installation then it displays an error message “Error: There is not enough space on drive C:\ to extract this package.” and the installer quits extracting the installation files on the drive. One solution to this error is to select a different drive with sufficient space available for the installation, but if you have only one drive on your computer then follow, the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Troubleshooting Step 1: Change Folder Settings and Set up Access Permission
(For Windows 8.1)
- Press Windows + letter R key on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type %temp% in the text box of Run window and click OK.
- Right-click the Temp folder and click Share.
- Click Add under the Advanced Security tab and choose Select a Principal.
- Now click Find Now under the Advanced
- Select the user and click OK.
- Allow Full Control for the user and click OK.
(For Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
- Type %temp% in the Run window and press Enter.
- Locate the Temp folder and right click it.
- Choose Properties then Sharing and then click Share.
- Add that account that you have logged in with on Windows.
- Add the QuickBooks Data Service User version of your QuickBooks.
- Allow Full Control Access to both of the users and then click Share.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Delete Temporary Files from the (%temp%) folder
- Navigate to C:\Users \Username \AppData \Local \Temp on your computer.
- Select all the files in the Temp folder by pressing Control key + A on your keyboard.
- Press Delete and hit Yes for the confirmation.
- After deleting all the files, try installing QuickBooks Desktop once again.
NOTE: If you want to learn more about the system requirements for QuickBooks installation on Mac and Windows operating systems then you can follow the article on QuickBooks Desktop System Requirements.
If there is not enough space on your C drive, then it can also affect the performance of QuickBooks Desktop application, and you can occasionally get a Maintenance Alert message “QuickBooks is running slowly because your hard drive doesn’t have enough free space.”
Upgrade your hard drive for more storage to get rid of such maintenance alerts.
Steps to Fix – Insufficient Free Memory Error in QuickBooks
QuickBooks installer requires at least 1 GB of free system memory to extract and install the files. Sometimes this error appears even after having sufficient free memory on the computer and displays an error message “Intuit QuickBooks Installer – Your system has only XX MB of free memory. QuickBooks requires at least 1GB of free memory”. This error can be fixed by changing minimum required memory for QuickBooks installation.
Change Min System Requirements for QuickBooks Installation
Follow the steps given below if you have a downloaded installer
- Press Windows + R key together for Run window.
- Type %temp% in Run window’s text box.
- Press Enter or hit OK.
- Look for the QuickBooks Desktop folder inside the Temp folder.
- Copy and paste the folder on the desktop.
- Open QuickBooks folder and double click Q Books folder.
- Locate Framework.xml file and right-click it.
- Choose Edit to open the file in text editor.
- Press Ctrl + F, type MinRequirements, and press Enter.
- Change the number from 1000 to 0 from the line <Memory>1000MB</Memory> under <MinRequirements>.
- Click Save from under the File tab and close the file.
- Now double-click Setup.exe from the installation folder.
Follow the steps given below if you have a CD for the installation
- Insert the CD into the CD Drive of your computer.
- Exit the installation if it starts automatically.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Installer file and choose Explore.
- Copy Third Party and QBooks folders.
- Paste the folders on your desktop.
- Now double click the Q Book folder on your desktop and follow step 7 to 12 from the troubleshooting method mentioned above.
The troubleshooting method to fix QuickBooks Desktop installation errors is same for QuickBooks Pro 2018, QuickBooks Enterprise 2018, QuickBooks 2019 and other versions of QuickBooks. If you are struggling with low storage on your hard drive, then you might need to upgrade the storage to get rid of such installation errors, as QuickBooks needs at least 2.5 GB of free disk space for installation and the time taken by the application to install depends on the configuration of your computer. Usually, a computer system with high configuration takes less time for installation than others. If you are unable to install QuickBooks because of such installation errors then get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Number (844)-888-4666 for quick assistance.
Related Search Terms: QuickBooks 2019 not enough memory, QuickBooks not enough memory to use excel, QuickBooks install not enough disk space, There is not enough space on the disk QuickBooks, There is not enough space on c drive to extract this package QuickBooks, QuickBooks 2018 not enough space, Insufficient disk space on setup error message, How long does QuickBooks take to install, How much space does QuickBooks use, I can't install QuickBooks Pro 2018, don't have enough space on my c drive, Install QuickBooks on drive other than c, QuickBooks not enough memory may not complete this operation, QuickBooks there is not enough space on drive, Cannot Install QB 2019, Receiving Error: There is not enough space on drive C:\, Windows says not enough room on C/ to download QuickBooks, Can't install Enterprise 18 it says not enough space on the C drive