As like other versions of QuickBooks Desktop, POS (Point of Sale) also encounters some common installation errors that can be fixed easily by following simple troubleshooting steps. In this article, we are going to discuss POS installation Error 1304, Error 1642, Error 1706 and error unable to start the IntuitUpdateService. Some of these errors are caused by faults in Microsoft Windows components like .NET Framework whereas some of these occur if the required installation files are missing. Follow the complete article to learn what misconfigurations and faults trigger such installation errors in QuickBooks and how you can troubleshoot them without any struggle.
What Triggers QuickBooks POS Installation Errors
- Microsoft .NET version that you have installed on Windows is not supported by QuickBooks.
- There are errors in the installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework on your computer.
- The installer that performs the installation of QuickBooks POS is damaged.
- Outdated version of QuickBooks POS also triggers such installation errors.
What are Common QuickBooks POS Installation Errors
There are many errors that one can come through while installing and updating QuickBooks Desktop POS, but some of the most common errors are listed below.
- Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET. Could not verify digital signature of file %s
- Error 1304. Error writing to file Intuit.Spc.Esd.Client.BusinessLogic.dll
- Error: Unable to start the “IntuitUpdateService” Error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
- Error: 1706 No valid source could be found when opening Point of Sale
NOTE: For detailed instructions on troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop Error 1304 follow our article on QuickBooks Error 1304 “Error Writing to File”.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QB POS Installation Errors
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework installed on your Windows and there are no installation errors in .NET Framework. For detailed instructions on troubleshooting Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows follow troubleshooting step 3 from our article on QuickBooks Desktop Error 61.
Step 1: Perform an Update of QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale on your computer.
- Click About Point of Sale under the Help tab.
- Make sure your QuickBooks Desktop Point 18.0 is installed and if not, then check for the latest updates.
- Go to the Product download page.
- Click the Select Product drop down list.
- Select the correct edition and version of QB POS Desktop and click Get the latest updates.
- Save the file to the desktop and double click it after the download is complete to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the latest version.
Step 2: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop POS from your Computer
- Click the Start button on your Desktop and select Control Panel.
- Locate and click Uninstall a Program option.
- Double-click QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 and follow instructions to uninstall.
Step 3: Change Names of QB POS Folders
Locate and delete the given folders from the C drive of your computer.
- C:\ Users\Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\ Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\ ProgramData\Intuit\ QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0
Step 4: Delete QBPOSDBSrvUser Account from Windows
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel in the Run window.
- Press Enter and locate User Accounts under Control Panel.
- Select Manage Another Account and click Continue.
- Now choose QBPOSDBSrvUser and click Delete the Account.
- Click Yes for the confirmation and restart the computer.
Step 5: Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale on Windows
- Locate and double-click the POS download file that you have downloaded in the first troubleshooting step.
- Click Yes to All and then click Next.
- Now select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Type the Product number and your License information and click Next.
- Select whether you want to install QB POS for a single user or multi user.
- Click Install and after the installation restart Windows.
Sometimes after reinstalling QuickBooks, the same errors strikes back, and this happens when there is an issue with the company file that you are using, in such situations we might need to perform an additional troubleshooting step that is to repair the company file. We suggest you get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Desktop POS Support Number (844)-888-4666 for quick help and support
Related Search Terms: QuickBooks Desktop Error 1642, QuickBooks POS Error 1642, POS installation Error 1642, QuickBooks Desktop Installation Error 1642, Error 1642 while installing QuickBooks, QuickBooks POS Error 1304, POS Installation Error 1304, Error 1304 while installing QuickBooks POS, QuickBooks POS Error 1706, Point of Sale Error 1706, Error 1706 while installing QuickBooks POS, QuickBooks Desktop Error 1706, Unable to start the IntuitUpdateService, Service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion, QuickBooks POS unable to start error, POS Intuit Update Service Error