No doubt, QuickBooks Payroll is one of the top choices of businesses for managing accounts because of its wide range of easy to use features. Like every other software, QuickBooks can also commit errors at times. QB Payroll Error 15276 is one of the errors that a user face while updating payroll or QuickBooks application.
If you are having difficulties rectifying this error, then follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting or call QuickBooks Payroll Customer Support Phone Number (844)8884666.
There are two error messages that a user can see when encounters this error [Error 15276: The payroll update did not complete successfully. One of the files to be updated was in use and could not be replaced.] Or [Error 15276: The update did not complete successfully. One of the files to be updated was in use and could not be replaced.]
What Causes QuickBooks Payroll to Encounter Error 15276
- An incorrect entry in Windows Registry files.
- The damaged hard drive of your computer.
- Software incompatibility with Windows.
- Required application drivers are not installed.
- System infected with a malicious application or a virus.
- Lack of system resources or any hardware issue.
As now, we are aware of the reasons that cause Error 15276 in QuickBooks Payroll, further in this article we will discuss the troubleshooting to rectify this error. Follow the checkpoints given below before performing any troubleshooting steps:
- Take a backup of your company file data on an external storage device (USB Storage or External Hard Drive).
- Make sure to have the CD of QuickBooks Installation file.
- Update Internet Explorer to the latest IE version 11. (Download Internet Explorer 11)
- Sign in with an Administrator account on your computer.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15276
- Install Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) on Windows:
- Open windows explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Locate and right click the QBW.EXE file in QuickBooks folder.
- Select Properties and then click Digital Signature tab.
- Check if Intuit Inc is selected and click Details under the Digital Signature window.
- Now click Install Certificate and then click Next.
- Now open QuickBooks and try to update the app again.
- Verify your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
- Under Employees tab, select My Payroll Services and click Manage Service Key.
- Click View to check the status of your service key. It should be Active.
- If you found status as Not Active, then click Add and enter the service key that you have received by email.
- Click OK and restart the application.
- Restart Qbwebconnector.exe service
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on your keyboard at the same time to open Task Manager.
- Under the Processes tab locate and right click Qbwebconnector.exe process and click End Process.
- Now open QuickBooks application again.
- Check Date and Time Settings
- Check the date and time displayed on your computer is correct.
- If it is incorrect, then click on date and time on your computer in system tray down at the bottom.
- Fix Internet Explorer Issues
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Gear icon at the top right corner.
- Click Tools and select Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, select Delete.
- Now, select Temporary Internet Files and click Delete.
- Navigate to the Connections tab and select LAN Settings.
- Check-mark Automatically Detect Settings box and make sure Proxy Server boxes are blank.
- Now move to the Advanced tab and check that SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 both are checked.
- Scroll down in the same list and make sure that TLS 1.2 box is not checked.
- Fix Registry Errors
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard to open Run Window.
- In Run window’s text box, type command appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- From the list of all programs, search and double click QuickBooks.
- From Uninstall/Repair window select Repair and follow the on screen instructions to repair QuickBooks registry related errors.
Undoubtedly, this is a lengthy troubleshooting process, but this will also help you rectify Error 15276 from QuickBooks Payroll. If anytime you feel the need for support from a QuickBooks Payroll certified technician you can call Intuit QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number (844)-888-4666 and we will take care of this problem for you and provide you with instant resolution.