With QuickBooks, it is quite easy to manage business accounting, and as it is an accounting software, there are possibilities of getting errors. Most of the QuickBooks errors are related to the company file, and one such error that we are going to discuss in this article is QuickBooks Error 6190. The chances of getting error 6190 increases when there the company file or the network is damaged. Once you encounter error -6190 -816 in QuickBooks Desktop it displays “QuickBooks is Unable to Open this Company File Error Codes: (-6190, -816)”. For detailed troubleshooting instructions, follow the complete article until the end.
Unable to Open Company File Because of Error 6190 -816! Call QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666
QuickBooks Error -6190, -816 Description
QuickBooks Desktop error 6190 appears when you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode, and QuickBooks is experiencing issues connecting with the company file located on the server in the network. The error message that appears on the screen displays:
“QuickBooks is unable to open the company file. It may have been opened by another user. You should ask that user to switch to multi-user mode so that you can both use the company file at the same time. This file could also be located in a read-only network folder. Error Codes: (-6190, -816)”
Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6190
Solution 1: Repair File Damage using QuickBooks File Doctor
For detailed instructions on downloading and running QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve Error 6190 in QuickBooks Pro follow the article Fix Damaged Company file or Network using QuickBooks File Doctor.
Solution 2: Utilize QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- Follow the link and download the QuickBooks File Refresher Tool.
- Open the downloads of your computer and double-click the qbrefresherv1.exe file.
- Close QuickBooks and any other open window.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to refresh the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- It might take up to a minute for the tool to refresh QuickBooks.
- Once QuickBooks Refresher finishes repairing common faults in QuickBooks open the company file once again in QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Rename QuickBooks .ND and .TLG Files
- Open Windows File Manager and navigate to the QuickBooks Installation Directory.
- Usually, QuickBooks Desktop is installed in C: \ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\Intuit\ QuickBooks\.
- Locate the files with the same name as your company file but with .ND and .TLG extension.
- Right click each file and select Rename.
- Add .OLDFILE at the end of the file name.
- Open QuickBooks and try to open the company file now.
- If you are still getting the same error 6190 816 then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 4: Restart all the Computers in the Network including the Server
- Go to the server that is hosting the company file and restart it.
- Now restart every workstation that is connected in the network.
- Open QuickBooks on the server first and then run it on the workstations.
- If still you are getting error message 6190 in QuickBooks then follow the next step and move company file to the local storage.
Solution 5: Move QuickBooks Company File to the Local Storage
- Copy the company file from the server to a USB storage device.
- Now move it to the workstation on which you are trying to open the company file.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and locate the company file from the local storage.
These are some of the troubleshooting methods that you can follow to quickly troubleshoot the error, but in case the problem still exists, and QuickBooks is still displaying error code 6190 while opening the company file then we suggest you get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Desktop Experts at (844)-888-4666. Our Intuit Certified QuickBooks Desktop Experts have years of experience troubleshooting such company file errors and can provide you immediate assistance resolving the error.